IVDesk Disaster Recovery Service – Using Cloud Computing for REAL Disaster Recovery
Ok, the worst case scenario for mid-sized companies: You’ve got two or three critical systems that run your daily operations and if they’re down, you’re out of the water. You can take an outage for maybe 4 hours without too much impact, but after that, production stops, customers don’t get served, and you’re just racking up expenses.
But… You’re not big enough to have a Hot or Cold site, you don’t want to duplicate the infrastructure for a second site, you don’t want to have the capital expense of a fully replicated hosted system, so what do you do?
The outage happens and everyone scrambles. Very tough situation.
How about a very cost-effective alternative? IVDesk’s Disaster Recovery Services leverages the 8 year history in Cloud Computing and Hosted Applications that IVDesk has been involved in. Here’s how it works:
- We install your core applications on our equipment utilizing Virtual Servers.
- We take a copy of your production data, and test the applications using our IVDesk Virtual Desktops, fully hosted at our Tier 3 data center.
- We validate all the processes, data, and setup any number of users, so that those accounts are ready to go should there be a disaster.
- We schedule remote backup of the associated production data and apply that data as it come into IVDesk each night. This way, the IVDesk Disaster Recovery Service has up-to-date data every day.
- We schedule tests when you’d like to bring up the IVDesk version of the application and data.
- We wait for your call, in case of an emergency.
Currently, IVDesk hosts hundreds of applications for companies across all industries and provides 24 x 7 Helpdesk support all based on a monthly fee per user. Leveraging this infrastructure allows IVDesk to offer the same Fortune 500 backend environment for Disaster Recovery Services for your company. We provide straight-forward setup, daily backup and application of data, and testing when you need it.
So what happens if you call an emergency? IVDesk staff will activate the users and provide a secure remote desktop session running your application. You can then connect from any Internet connection anywhere and immediately get access to the application. You’re live NOW!, not hours or days from now. All your users need is an Internet connection and they’re in. Once the disaster is over and your environment is available again, we fail back by moving a copy of the application data to your equipment, test, and cut back over to your site. You can run indefinitely on IVDesk, so there isn’t a time-frame that you’re under to recover back locally.
Easy setup, low setup and monthly fees, and available when you need it for testing or a disaster situation. The cost-effective Disaster Recovery Service from IVDesk. Move your DR needs to Cloud Computing today! To find out more, contact Randy Olson at 612-605-5461.